The following emergency presentations should be managed by calling the emergency services on 999 or attendance at Accident and Emergency
- Severe crushing chest pain
- Sudden disabling breathlessness
- Severe disabling abdominal pain
- Possible stroke (think FAST: face, Arms, Speech, Time)
- Severe injury
- Head injury with vomiting or change on conscious level
Eye related emergencies
There is an emergency service in operation at St Paul's Eye Unit which is held Monday to Friday from 9am to 11am or from 2pm to 4pm. For further information telephone 0151 706 3949. St Paul's Eye Unit is located in the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
Urgent Care Sites (minor illness, minor injury)
If you require urgent care that is not a life threatening emergency you may attend the following Walk in centres.
Please note most of these sites are now operating appointment only bookings.
Urgent GP out of hours